One thing we can all agree on is that hair shouldn’t be trusted to just anyone. If you are looking for a great blowout hair salon in Mckinney, TX, then Evolve Hair Studio is the place to be. We offer a wide variety of services offered by some of the most elite professionals in the industry. Here are some great tips on achieving a style worthy blowout at home, and how to care for your blowout once you leave our salon.
If you are in a pinch or just between salon visits, you can try to style your hair like the professionals. You should always start with a prep product. If you are unsure of which to use, ask one of our stylists. This will help to prepare the hair and keep it from burning. Next, apply a styling product depending on your desired result. Many women choose a lightweight mousse to help hold their blowout. After your blowout set it with a light hold hairspray to avoid weighing it down.
- Apply prep product evenly throughout hair.
- Apply style products throughout hair, including a root boost as necessary for added lift.
- Blow dry your hair “mostly dry” before using a brush on it. This will help avoid breakage or excess stress and strain on the hair.
- Separate the hair into four sections with clips.
- Starting on one side, begin to use a round brush to blow dry the hair, lifting up or even overextending for maximum volume. Repeat this throughout all sections.
- Set your hair by round brushing it and hitting it with your blowdryer on a cool setting.
- Apply a lightweight hair spray to help hold your style.
Caring For Your Salon Blowout
Let’s face it, no one can style your hair quite like your stylist. Walking out of the salon with a professional blowout can leave you ready to take on the world! Here are a few tips to caring for your professional blowout.
Day One: The Blowout
After having your hair blown out, make sure you don’t destroy it right off the bat by placing your hair in two loose buns or a loose ponytail. Sleeping on a satin or silk pillowcase can also help protect your style.
Day Two: Protect the Volume
This is the day where you start seeing your volume decreasing, so spray a paddle brush with a light-hold hair spray, flip your hair over, and brush the roots to give it some more volume.
Day Three: Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo can help clean up your hair without completely destroying your blowout. Just don’t overdo it!
Day Four: Clean It Up
Give your hair a spritz with some water and then follow up with a dry shampoo. This will help avoid product build up too early on in the week.
Day Five: Break Down Oil
By this time, your hair is probably getting a little greasy. You can rock it with some salt spray, which also helps to break up oils in the hair.
Day Six: Just Wash It
By day six you are probably ready to wash that hair. Luckily, our stylists are more than happy to blow your hair out so you can start all over!
If you need a great cut, color, or style, come see our stylists at the best blowout hair salon in Mckinney, TX. We look forward to seeing you and your hair!